Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Emotional Eating


Reviewer: K Gottschalk, 
aged 38, 
from North Yorkshire

Reviewing: The Bach Emotional Eating Kit by Nelson

Diet downfall: Snacks – I don’t have much of a sweet tooth but I love savoury things!

Hopes for this product – what do you want it to achieve for you? I am hoping the Emotional Eating Kit will stop me from wanting to snack whilst winding down at the end of the day, and will stop me from snacking as something to do when watching TV.

First impressions of the product:
Great packaging! It features photographs of the essences included in the kit:
  • Crab Apple – When you feel unclean or dislike something about yourself, Crab Apple can help you accept yourself and your imperfections. Self acceptance means you are less likely to rely on food to make you feel good.
  • Cherry Plum – When you fear you might lose control of your diet, Cherry Plum can help you to think and act rationally.
  • Chestnut Bud – When you find yourself repeating the same dieting mistakes, Chestnut Bud can help you gain knowledge from your experience. This means you are less likely to fall into your old bad habits, for example reaching for food when things get tough.
How did you feel about using this product?
I felt very excited and positive about using this kit.

How did you use the product and how easy was it to use? How long did you try it for?
I used the Bach flower remedies for just over two weeks. Two drops of each essence may be taken directly onto the tongue, which is what I did. Alternatively you can place two drops of each chosen essence in water and sip at intervals. They were easy to use but I found it difficult to remember to take it four times a day. I ended up putting an alert on my phone to stop me forgetting.
What were the outcomes of using the product over time?
I maybe felt a little more tired and relaxed but I didn’t feel this stopped me from snacking.

What have you learned from using this product?
As the Emotional Eating Kit didn’t stop me from wanting to snack, I feel that there is probably no short-cut. I just need to use sheer will-power and focus on habit-changing to bring about results I want.

Want your Etsy shop, website, book, or product featured in Mumtopia? Click here for more details.

8 comments:

  1. My favourite food is pizza and I would like to share a slice with Edward Norton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favourite food is lasagne and i would share it with my family if im feeling generous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite food is a good steak and I wouldnt share that with anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roast beef and yorkshire pudding with my grandad if he was still here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite food is chips from the chippy. I'd love to share a bag with Christian Bale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, sounds good, Lady Chelington. On a rainy seafront, yes? :)

      Delete
  6. Rhubarb set in jelly with greek yogurt, a gingernut biccie with my husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck in the giveaway, everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts. I love to get your feedback and read each and every comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...